Rise in aggression and violence against nurses (AVAN). • The number of incidents related to nurses, midwives and health care assistants being abused, harassed or physically assaulted/ attacked at their workplace since 1 Jan 2017 to date, broken down by location and calendar year. • Brief description of the incidents and what the incidents related to e.g. verbal abuse, physical assault, sexual assault, physical threat or otherwise. • How many ‘code orange’* events that occurred? Brief description of the events. • Where did the incidents happen? e.g. the emergency department, mental health/addictions, obstetrics? • How many incidents were notified to WorkSafe? • How many incidents required police interventions e.g. Police report, statements from DHB employees? • How many incidents required an ACC claim? • How many incidents resulted in working days lost? And if so, how many?
1. How many recorded assaults on health staff have there been in 2021?
2. How many recorded incidents of verbal abuse or threats have there been on health staff in 2021?
3. How many days have been lost due to staff taking time off after being assaulted in the same time frame?
Date/numbers/figures of all incidents involving any DHB staff member (including contractors or causal workers) being harassed or, physically or verbally assaulted by a patient from any ward/area under the DHB’s jurisdiction in the last three years to date (07/12/2017 – 07/12/2020).
RE Official information request WCDHB 9450
I refer to your email dated 7 July 2020 sent to Ministry of Health which they subsequently transferred to us on 21 July 2020 requesting the following information under the Official Information Act from West Coast DHB. Specifically:
1. The number of complaints from mental health workers alleging they were assaulted in the workplace within the last 3 years.
2. The number of complaints from health workers alleging they were assaulted while working at the Emergency Department over the last three years. age, sex, job title of the complainant
3. The number of complaints from health workers who have made allegations they were assaulted while working at maternity services over the last 3 years.
Official Information Request WCDHB 9384
We refer to your email dated 16 January 2020 requesting the following information under the Official Information Act from West Coast DHB. Specifically:
• How many assaults there were on staff in the past year, and how it compares to the year before?
a. How many were physical?
b. How many were verbal?
c. Did anyone require medical treatment?
Showing 1-10 of 10 results, page 1 of 1.
Page last updated: 14 February 2022
Is this page useful?