How many people have complained regarding discrimination for being transgender or gender diverse when seeking health services on the West Coast?
Have any complaints been resolved and has any changes been made to improve services?
If not, are there any plans to improve health services with things staff training, or improving access to gender affirming healthcare in the future?
1. How many people were referred to the DHB for gender reassignment hormone therapy in each calendar year since 2006 until the present time?
2. What was the breakdown of ages in each of those years (youngest/oldest/median age)?
3. How many were transitioning male to female and how many female to male in each of those years?
4. How many children were referred for puberty blocking drugs in each calendar year since 2006?
5. How many people had psychological treatment for gender dysphoria in each calendar year since 2006?
6. How many people had double mastectomies (top surgery) as treatment for gender dysphoria in each calendar year since 2006?
7. What was the breakdown of ages in each of those years?
RE Official information request WCDHB 9472
I refer to your email dated 10 September 2020 requesting the following information under the Official Information Act from West Coast DHB. Specifically:
1. Of the following list of services, which (if any) does the District Health Board provide? Does the DHB provide any services for transgender health care not listed, if so, what?
– Puberty blockers
– Hormone replacement therapy
– Fertility preservation
– Facial hair removal
– Breast augmentation
– Voice training
– Facial feminization surgery
– Genital reconstruction surgery
– Other mental health support (please specify services in response)
For services provided by the DHB:
2. What is their current status? What clinic (or clinics) provides the service? Are they accepting new patients?
3. Broken down by provided services (and initial consultation and readiness assessments or other if applicable), how long is the current wait time on appointments for transgender health? How long have these wait times been in previous years that the service was available?
For questions 4.-17. Please see Full Description…
*Number of mental health inpatient facility beds at DHB by name of facility.
*Number of people admitted as mental health inpatients who identify as transgender or gender diverse in the last 12 months.
*total number of people admitted as mental health inpatients in the last 12 months
RE Official Information Act request WCDHB 9337
I refer to your email dated 9 August 2019 to Department of Internal Affairs which they subsequently transferred to us on 16 August 2019 requesting the following information under the Official Information Act from West Coast DHB. Specifically:
RE Official Information Act request WCDHB 9303
I refer to your email dated 26 April 2019 requesting the following information under the Official Information Act from West Coast DHB regarding Intersex babies having genital surgery. Specifically:
1. Data on how many intersex children have had genital surgery within their first year of life between 2000 and 2018 broken down by year, whether or not the surgery was medically necessary or whether it was cosmetic, gender of child as recorded on their birth certificate and the total cost per year of the surgeries (Can I please have this information in the form of an Excel spreadsheet)
2. Information (including but not limited to internal communications, memos, meeting minutes, briefing notes, letters, communications with external stakeholders) about policies/procedures relating to intersex people’s health care received by the DHB and published by the DHB between January 2017 and today April 26 2019
West Coast DHB has neither received nor published any information, policies or procedures in regard to intersex people’s health care between 1 January 2017 and 26 April 2018. 9(2)(a)
Showing 1-8 of 8 results, page 1 of 1.
Page last updated: 7 April 2022
Is this page useful?