In this edition, read about the Te Whatu Ora Change Hub, which includes information about the working groups, work streams and the design process of the new health system operating model. There’s an update on our visitor restrictions as well as some helpful information about supporting healthcare workers through the pandemic. Also, in this edition, we welcome Dr Calvin Davis to the South Westland Area Practice team, shine the spotlight on Medical Laboratory Technician Harriet Hoeve as well as Immunisation Coordinator Jessie Chapman.There’s a quiz that tests your knowledge of medical-themed TV shows and movies and a delicious Curried Kumara Soup recipe.
West Coast DHB’s own newsletter.
In this edition of the CE Update, Peter Bramley talks about the importance of looking after ourselves and using the available supports when needed. He acknowledges the introduction of the National Bowel Screening Programme to the Coast and the mahi behind it’s rollout. He also touches on the efforts of our West Coast people and staff in supporting the rollout of the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
RE Official information request WCDHB 9439
I refer to your email dated 23 June 2020 requesting the following information under the Official
Information Act from West Coast DHB. Specifically:
The protocols the DHB had/have in relation to access for support people in the hospitals within your
DHB region during Level 2 lockdown (between 14 May and 8 June) and Level 1.
RE Official information request WCDHB 9408
We refer to your email dated 16 March 2020 requesting the following information under the Official Information Act from West Coast DHB regarding preparations for COVID-19. We note that our Communications team have provided you with the Ministry of Health link for a response to questions 3 and 5. https://www.health.govt.nz/news-media/news-items/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-update-25-february and we will respond to the following questions:
1. How many hospital beds are in your DHB?
2. How many beds are currently available?
4. How many ICU beds are available?
6. How many ventilators do you have?
7. How many non-invasive ventilation machines?
8. How many ventilators are in-use?
9. Are any more ventilators being ordered in? If so, how many, and roughly how much do they cost per-unit?
10. How many ICU consultants do you have on staff?
11. How many respiratory physicians do you have on staff?
12. How many general medicine physicians?
13. How many anaesthetists do you have on staff?
14. How many anaesthetic registrars do we have able to intubate a patient? The West Coast DHB does not employ any anaesthetic registrars.
RE Official information request WCDHB 9413
We refer to your email dated 30 March 2020 requesting the following information under the Official Information Act from West Coast DHB.
Details as to how the flu vaccine was rolled out among hospital staff this year.
Showing 1-7 of 7 results, page 1 of 1.
Page last updated: 22 August 2022
Is this page useful?