RE Official Information Act request WCDHB 9325
I refer to your email dated 9 July 2019 sent to the TAS which they subsequently transferred to us on 12 July 2019 requesting the following information under the Official Information Act from West Coast DHB regarding KPI data. Specifically:
All data from July 2016 (monthly or, if not readily available, quarterly) to the latest available:
**This data should include any Inter District Flow activity delivered by the DHB for people who are domiciled in other DHBs. The purpose behind the data is to assess whether the DHB provider arm is delivering to budgeted (funded) volumes.
We note your purpose for this Official Information Act request as being related to our DHB’s Provider Arm activities. Accordingly, in relation to questions 1 to 6 and questions 9, 11 and 12, we present the data you have requested in relation to activity provided at and through Grey Base Hospital – being our only Provider Arm facility at which the relevant secondary care level 3-4 services are undertaken locally. We would also like to note these numbers include work done by Canterbury DHB clinicians, working under the Transalpine agreement, performing work locally on the West Coast. With this noted, please find the answers to your questions as follows:
1. Elective surgery discharges (caseweights and actual number)**
2. Elective surgery Caseweights, Percentage of patients with confirmed cancer who receive their first treatment within 31 days, and high suspicion of cancer within 62 days of referral. Percentage4 of accepted referrals for CT scans and MRI scans receiving procedures within 42 days. Number and percentage of ED patients discharged or treated within six hours. number of presentations to ED.
3. Elective medical discharges (caseweights and actual number)
4. Planned (funded) elective medical discharges (caseweights)
5. Acute caseweight discharges
6. Acute caseweights planned (funded)
7. Number and % of patients with a confirmed cancer diagnosis receive their first cancer treatment (or other management) within 31 days of a decision to treat
8. Number and % of patients referred urgently with a high suspicion of cancer receive their first treatment (or other management) within 62 days of the referral being received by the hospital
9. Number and % of accepted referrals for CT scans receiving procedures within 42 days
10. Number and % of accepted referrals for MRI scans receiving procedures within 42 days
11. Number and % of ED patients discharged or treated within 6 hours.
12. Number of presentations to ED.