RE Official information request WCDHB 9449
I refer to your email dated 8 July 2020 requesting the following information under the Official Information Act from West Coast DHB. Specifically:
1. What percentage of your usual clinical workforce is overseas-trained?
2. If possible, please provide percentages of overseas-trained staffers in each of these categories: doctors, nurses, midwives, and allied health, science and technical professionals.
3. What impact do you expect border restrictions to have on the DHB workforce over the next year?
4. Are there specialities likely to be under pressure as a result of border restrictions? For example, because there is a small workforce in New Zealand or because of overseas training needs. If so, which specialties?
5. Is your DHB currently recruiting for any clinical positions which you cannot fill with New Zealand applicants?
6. If so, how many, and what is/are the positions?
7. Have you had any overseas-trained and recruited clinicians cut contracts short and return home because of Covid?
8. If so, how many, and in what category (doctor, nurse…)?