RE Official information request WCDHB 9460
I refer to your email dated 4 August 2020 requesting the following information under the Official Information Act from West Coast DHB. Specifically:
1. Does the Board have a policy to prioritise Maori and/or Pasifka patients on elective surgery waiting lists?
2. If so, how long has this policy been in force and when is it scheduled to end?
3. If so, what is the rationale for this policy?
4. If so, is the policy based on the pressures of deferred surgery due to COVID-19?
5. If there is no such policy, why has the Board not followed the lead of the Capital and Coast District Health Board?
6. What is the current number of deferred elective surgeries due to the pressures of COVID-19?