RE Official information request CDHB 10448 & WCDHB 9483
I refer to your email dated 29 September 2020 to the Ministry of Health, which they subsequently partially transferred to us on 13 October 2020, requesting the following information under the Official Information Act from the Canterbury DHB and the West Coast DHB relating to publicly funded fertility treatment. Specifically:
2. How many of these treatments resulted in a live birth OR the birth of multiple babies e.g. twins/triplets etc.
3. If known, please break this down by relationship types e.g. male/female, same sex, individuals, age groups (e.g. woman 20-25; 26-30; 31-35; 36-40; 41-45) and by District Health Board if able.
4. The names of the private company used to administer public fertility treatments and the amount of taxpayer funding they have received for providing these services each year for the past three years (e.g. Fertility Associates $XX million total: 2018: X 2019: X. 2020: X)
5. Please break this information down by the various forms of fertility treatment available under the public system.
6. Outline the total costs of these treatments to the taxpayer for each year for the past three years.