Tuesday 28 September 2021Health news3 minutes to read
Please attribute the following to Philip Wheble, Senior Responsible Officer for the COVID-19 response, West Coast DHB:
Buller community members are being encouraged to book in for their first COVID-19 vaccination dose before the end of October to ensure that they are fully vaccinated by Christmas.
West Coast DHB is holding two drive-through COVID-19 vaccination events at Westport’s Pulse Energy Recreation Centre this coming weekend (October 2 and 3) and again six weeks later on November 13 and 14.
Bookings are now open and there are currently 1,400 vaccination appointment slots available in Westport this coming weekend!
Consider asking a friend who you'd like to get vaccinated with to book in with you. Better still invite your family/whānau members to join you too.
You can book online at www.BookMyVaccine.nz or by calling the National Booking team on 0800 28 29 26 (8am – 8pm, 7 days). Vaccinations are free.
Remember, if you are deciding to get your vaccination at a drive-through event:
- At the Westport drive-through vaccination events we will be able to cater for passenger cars or SUVs as well as people who arrive on foot, bike/motorbike or on mobility scooters.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept trucks, or other high-sided or wide vehicles at the drive-through centres.
- If you have a history of fainting or other serious reactions following vaccinations, we recommend you don’t get your vaccination in a drive-through vaccination centre.
- Private conversations are more challenging at a drive-through site. If you need a detailed conversation about your vaccination, call your GP or Healthline first or attend a non-drive-through vaccination centre.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or are required to self-isolate (including because you are waiting for your test results), do not come to your vaccination appointment. This applies to all vaccination centres, including drive-through vaccination events.
If you book a vaccination appointment at a drive-through vaccination event:
- Bring your NHI number if you have it.
- Where possible, wear a face mask/covering.
- Make sure you scan in using the event’s QR code.
- Come prepared in case you need to wait in queue for a period of time. Bring a book/knitting, snacks and water.
- Sit next to a car door that can be opened.
- Wear clothing allowing the vaccinator easy access to your upper arm. You should expect to receive the vaccine in the arm closest to the car window.
- Always stay in your vehicle, unless you are asked to step out by vaccination staff.
COVID-19 vaccination eventImmunisationVaccinationsWest CoastWestport
Back to Health News