If you are or have enrolled in a health related Career programme of study, please apply for this scholarship by completing the application form (link below) and by including the criteria listed within.
Thank you to all who applied and received a West Coast DHB Scholarship for 2017
We are keen to hear how your study programme is progressing and to encourage you to apply for the 2018 scholarship by:
- Completing the Scholarship Application Form (currently not available as closing date had been reached).
- Providing evidence that you will be continuing your studies in 2019
- And by letting us know how useful the scholarship was to your year of study.
- The Scholarship Awards will be granted to 20 students at $500 each.
- Available to students at a NZ university or polytechnic in a health-related career. (See the information box on the right regarding our definition etc of Health Related Careers)
- Health staff in a postgraduate programme can apply if their study is not currently funded by Health Workforce New Zealand (HWNZ)
- Applicants will be required to complete an application form and submit all the necessary documentation to be eligible for consideration.
- All applicants will be notified by mail and email of the results.
- The successful applicants will be invited to attend an award ceremony later in the year.
- Must have resided on the West Coast for minimum of 1 year
- Be currently enrolled at a recognised NZ university or polytechnic
- Be studying in a health-related career (See the information box on the right regarding our definition etc of Health Related Careers)
- Five of the 20 scholarships will be available to students with Maori or Pacific Island heritage
- Complete and sign the WCDHB Scholarship Application form (the link is below)
- All applicants please accompany the application form with a 500 word submission – follow all instructions on the application form
- If you have previously been a successful recipient of a WCDHB Scholarship please follow the instructions relating to you on the application form
- Evidence of tertiary enrolment for the current year (this is to be a copy of a document showing the organisation’s logo and clearly showing your name)
- Send applications to the address or the email address on the application form before the closing date.
- All information provided will be held in a secure place with only properly authorised people having access to it.
Closing Date For WCDHB Scholarships 2018
Closing Date was: Friday, 19 October 2018.
Thank you to all those who have applied.
Recipients will be advised on: Monday, 2 November 2018 about the outcome of their application.
WCDHB Selection Process
- All applications that meet the application criteria will go to a panel for review and selection.
- The decision of the panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All applicants will be notified of the results by mail and email.
- Successful applicants will be invited to a presentation at the West Coast District Health Board to be awarded their certificates.