West Coast DHB Studentship Programme
Leap into a health related career
West Coast District Health Board is very pleased to offer Sponsorship Awards in the form of Studentships to West Coast students who are studying at a recognised NZ university or polytechnic.
Studentship Application Criteria
- Studentships up to the value of $5,000 gross per student are now available. Note: Income tax will be deducted from this total.
- Studentships are offered to students who are currently enrolled at a recognised NZ university or polytechnic.
- Applicants must have resided on the West Coast for minimum of one year.
- A percentage of studentships will be available to students with Māori or Pacific Island heritage.
- Successful applicants will be required to present their studentship work to a panel of West Coast DHB staff.
- Recipients may be required to fulfil a work placement from Monday 18 November 2019 to Friday, 20 December 2019 inclusive and on a regular working week (Mon-Fri; 8.30am-5pm).
- If applicants complete their degree in the year they apply for a studentship, fulfilment of the work placement requirements is not a guarantee that there will be on-going paid employment available on completion of the studentship.
- If you are studying a non-clinical profession with a view to working in the health sector, please apply as the studentships extend to non-clinical studies, for example, Information Technology (IT) and Human Resources (HR) roles.
Studentship Application Process
To be eligible for consideration, applicants are required to complete a West Coast DHB Studentship Application form and submit it along with the necessary documentation listed in the form. (Application form is available via either link below)
Please choose either the computer typable (recommended if you can open with Microsoft Word) or the printer-friendly (PDF) version.
Application Closing Date
- Closing date: Friday, 27 September 2019 no later than 5pm
- Recipients notified: Friday, 11 October 2019
Studentship Selection Process
- All applications that meet the application criteria will go to a panel for review and selection.
- The decision of the panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All applicants will be notified of the results by email.
- On completion of the Studentships, the successful applicants will be invited to attend a presentation in Greymouth to be awarded their certificates.
For more information contact our Learning and Development Administrator
Either send a letter to:
Learning and Development
Grey Base Hospital
71 Water Walk Road
Or send us a message via this convenient online form: