West Coast DHB Studentship Programme
Leap into a health-related career
West Coast District Health Board is very pleased to offer Sponsorship Awards in the form of Studentships to West Coast students who are studying at a recognised NZ university or polytechnic.
Studentship Application Criteria
- Studentships up to the value of $5,000 gross per student are now available. Note: Income tax will be deducted from this total.
- Studentships are offered to students who are currently enrolled at a recognised NZ university or polytechnic.
- Applicants must have resided on the West Coast for minimum of one year.
- A percentage of studentships will be available to students with Māori or Pacific Island heritage.
- Successful applicants will be required to present their studentship work to a panel of West Coast DHB staff.
- Recipients will be required to fulfil a work placement during December 2020 and January 2021 on a regular working week (Mon-Fri; 8.30am-5pm).
- If applicants complete their degree in the year they apply for a studentship, fulfilment of the work placement requirements is not a guarantee that there will be on-going paid employment available on completion of the studentship.
- If you are studying a non-clinical profession with a view to working in the health sector, please apply as the studentships extend to non-clinical studies, for example, Information Technology (IT) and Human Resources (HR) roles.
Studentship Application Process
To be eligible for consideration, applicants are required to complete a West Coast DHB Studentship Application form and submit it along with the necessary documentation listed in the form. (Application form is available via either link below)
Please choose either the computer typable (recommended if you can open with Microsoft Word) or the printer-friendly (PDF) version.
Application Closing Date
- • Closing date: Friday, 30th October 2020 no later than 5pm
- Recipients notified by: Friday, 27th November 2020
Studentship Selection Process
- All applications that meet the application criteria will go to a panel for review and selection.
- The decision of the panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All applicants will be notified of the results by email.
- On completion of the Studentships, the successful applicants will be invited to attend a presentation in Greymouth to be awarded their certificates.
What about the Scholarships that were previously offered on this page??
Please note that this year we have changed the sponsorship programme.
We are now only offering studentships up to the value of $5000 per successful applicant, and are now no longer offering the $500 scholarships.
So please feel free to apply, as the DHB wishes to support West Coasters in their studies.
For more information contact our Learning and Development Administrator
Either send a letter to:
Nurse Director – Workforce Development
Te Nīkau Hospital & Health Centre
71 Water Walk Road
Or send us a message via this convenient online form: