Free public Wi-Fi internet access is available in most West Coast DHB hospital areas as well as some West Coast DHB medical practices and clinics.
Please be respectful when using your electronic devices in hospitals – turn the volume down or use headphones.
Instructions to use the free Wi-Fi service
- When you turn on your Wi-Fi on your mobile device [link to information on devices] or laptop computer, select “DHB Public Wi-Fi” from the list of options.
- Your device should automatically open a web page where you can accept the terms and conditions.
- You will be able to browse the internet or access your emails.
Wi-Fi Frequently Asked Questions
Which West Coast DHB sites provide free public Wi-Fi?
Currently there's public Wi-Fi at Grey Base Hospital, as well as Karamea and Haast clinics. However over the next few months we will be installing Wi-Fi in many of the other facilities. So please check with you health facility administration, as the information on this page might be a little out of date by the time you read this.
How easy is it to use and how reliable is the service?
The service is delivered over high-speed fibre infrastructure and is reliable. Priority is given to clinical data.
What restrictions are there?
- Sites and content deemed inappropriate will be blocked when using the service.
- It is not possible to download movies and other large files.
- Content accessed by people within West Coast DHB facilities on their own network is subject to West Coast DHB policy