Our latest key plans and reports are listed at the top of this page, other recent documents are listed by date under these documents.
Use the search menu (left) to apply a filter to list other documents published by the West Coast DHB, including our annual reports, annual plans and strategic plans. Each document has a document type, a summary, and topics and tags associated with it.
You can apply the search menu filters including date range, document types and topics, and also use the links on document pages to find groups of related documents.
1. Please provide the gift registers held by the DHB about gifts / contributions/received items given to DHB employees (including medical professionals) for the following years: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016. 2.Please provide records held regarding of any flights provided, paid for or subsidised by pharmaceutical or medical equipment companies to employees of the DHB (including medical professionals) in the following years: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016. 3.Please provide any information the DHB holds regarding professional affiliations, board roles or advisory positions held by employees of the DHB (including medical professionals) in connection to pharmaceutical or medical equipment companies. If possible, break these affiliations down by the following years: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016.
Is PSMA (Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen) PET-CT funded by the DHB or only available privately? If publicly funded, please can you advise whether there are criteria that must be met. For example:
∙ For staging of high risk and unfavourable intermediate risk prostate cancer before definitive local therapy. ∙ For restaging of PSA recurrence (≥0.2ng/ml).
A summary of the costs of hospital intensive care services provided to those not entitled to NZ free health care (ineligible patients). The cost summary should include reference to the number of days or hours in intensive care. Information to cover the last three years.
Mental Health Act 1992: What is the ethnicity of psychiatrists currently working in DHB psychiatric inpatient units and what is the ethnicity of allied clinical staff working in DHB psychiatric units? What DHB protocols are there for ensuring Maori Clinical staff care for Maori Tangata Whaiora?
The West Coast District Health Board is pleased to present the Maternity Quality and Safety Programme Annual Report for 2020/21.
The West Coast District Health Board is pleased to present the Maternity Quality and Safety Programme Annual Report for 2020.
The West Coast has had a busy year again this year as we completed the Maternity Strategy and agreed with the Board to use it as a platform to guide not only the first 1,000 days, but we have also initiated the programme called Growing Up Well on the West Coast. We have a project group with wide representation across our community and have commenced hui around different communities on the West Coast, so we can improve our maternity and other systems for whanau.
1. In the past 12 months, what proportion of your DHB patients that were referred to a waiting list by a surgeon, for a joint replacement, were accepted onto the list and got surgery?
2. in 2017 what proportion of your DHB patients that were referred to a waiting list by a surgeon, for a joint replacement, were accepted onto the list and got surgery?
3.is the DHB able to comment on whether there are enough GPs in the region?
RE Intersex babies: How many intersex children have had genital surgery within their first year of life? (Could I have this info from 2016-2021 broken down into the number each year and the overall number for the last five years / whether or not the surgery was medically necessary or whether it was cosmetic, the gender of the child as recorded on their birth certificate and the total cost per year of the surgeries. 2. How many referrals have been made to other DHBs for intersex babies in their first year of life for surgery, last five years, broken down into the number each year and the overall number 2016-2021
1080: I am enquiring about whether there is testing of the public other than workers who deal with the hazardous substance Sodium-fluoroacetate (1080)? When you read data going back 20 years it should be of great concern and especially since the West coast applications of Aerial 1080 are at the highest. I know urine samples are taken from workers and have returned with positive readings. Land care results also shows 1080 is in the food chain. So what is done to insure 1080 exposure has not affected residents in areas of operations? Or just the general public. If I was a resident living in the West Coast could I go to my GP and ask for a test ? If I feel 1080 exposure may have affected me through my water how would I confirm this ? If I was breastfeeding my baby how would this effect my child ? 2008 Ministry of Health publications says , to date there are no epidemiology studies that have been carried out in relation to 1080 and Potential adverse effects and health effects on humans. Why?
More specifically, I am interested in the diagnostic imaging modalities of Cardio Ultrasound, MRI, X-ray CT, PET and SPECT. The information I require for each is: 1) Number of units (instruments) of each modality. 2) What entity (government or private) funded each unit. 3) What entity operates each unit. 4) Number of patients processed by each unit per annum.
Does your DHB have a marae accessible to Maori inpatients in psychiatric units. The measures your DHB uses to ensure the Tino Rangitiratanga of Maori Inpatients in Psychiatric Inpatient Units.? Clarified as: “only relates to Maori subject to the Mental Health Act 1992”.
1. How many births have occurred at Westport’s Kawatiri Birthing Unit, each month, over the past five years? 2. How many Buller women have given birth at Greymouth Hospital, each month, over the past five years? 3. How many Buller women have given birth outside the district, each month, over the past five years? 4. How many Buller women have had home births, each month, over the last five years? 5. Is the WCDHB concerned at the trend for fewer Buller women to be birthing at Kawatiri and more Buller women birthing in Greymouth? 6. What does the WCDHB believe has prompted the trend? 7. Does the WCDHB have any plans to encourage more women to birth at Kawatiri – if so what are they? 8. How many births does Kawatiri require a month to remain viable?
9. Is closure of Kawatiri a possibility? 10. What are the rules governing which mothers can give birth at Kawatiri (i.e. low risk etc)?
RE property 74 Derby Street Westport owned by WCDHB: 1. When was the house last occupied by DHB staff? 2. Has anyone else occupied the house since – if so when was it last occupied? 3. How much rental income – if any – has the DHB received from the house in the last decade? 4. How much has the house cost the DHB each year for the last decade for: maintenance (including lawns), rates, insurance, other costs (each item listed separately please)? 5. Why has the DHB not sold the property or renovated it to a rental standard, given Westport is very short of housing? 6. What are the DHB’s plans for the property?
Showing 41-80 of 1094 results, page 2 of 28.
Page last updated: 8 July 2021
Is this page useful?